Planting native wildflower and grass varieties is one of the most beneficial enhancements that can be made to a piece of property.
Nativ Seed Blends add aesthetic value to your property while creating diverse wildlife habitat. Available in five specialized native seed mixes, each is formulated to improve specific wildlife habitat. With blends for bedding, visual barriers, wetland edges, wildflowers and pollinators, our blends produce an assortment of native plants and seeds utilized by wildlife of all kinds and can help increase plant reproduction and productivity. Our selections are great for any area of your property. Uses range from creating food plot edge and visual barriers to helping control erosion problems and decorating the entrance to your property.
Nativ Seed Blends contain 100% pure live seed so you can
be sure you're getting the most for your money.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!
|Establishment Tips for Your Nativ Seeds
- Be Patient – Native plants are slow to establish and most often spend their energy the first year in developing root systems. Do not expect full ground cover in the first growing season.
- Control Competition – Because natives produce minimal surface growth the first year, they cannot withstand weed competition depriving the seedlings of sunlight and moisture. Two or more herbicide treatments prior to seeding may be needed to eliminate competition.
- Planting Depth is Critical – Do not plant native seed deeper than ¼ inch. Carefully control drill depth settings, or if broadcast seeding on tilled soil, cultipack before and after broadcasting seed.
- Seeding Dates – Best Spring seeding is from April 15 thru June 30 after effective competition control. Dormant seeding between November 1st and March 1st can be very effective when competition control has been completed before seeding.
- Maintenance – If weed competition persists, mow periodically, making sure to mow just above emerging native plants. Thatch removal in later years by burning or raking will help maintain a healthy stand.
Scroll Down to see our entire plant offering.